Revenege Recommends: "Art of Flying" by Lady Pank



For those wishing to learn about Polish rock a good place to start is "Sztuka latania" (Art of Flying), a song by the popular Polish rock band Lady Pank. My best guess is that the song comes from 1985, appearing on a compilation album in that year. The easy mid-tempo of the song never becomes boring thanks to an effective angular and echoey guitar sound. The lyrics have a touch or angst, reflecting either the horrors of Communism or the stroppiness of youth.

Lyrics (in English):


You ask me again, which letter of yours is it?

To write you back, if I only could
What progress I made today
In the art of flying, the hardest of art

Every morning I'm riding an elevator almost to the roof

There's a high building here in the neighborhood
I keep thinking everyday, looking from it at the world
What will happen, when I make that step

Last scream, swan tune

And still nothing in doll theater
Generally speaking - life is brutal
Except for this, everything is perfect

Yesterday I jumped, I had wings like a bird

Everybody has felt this once in their life I think
Someone suddenly screamed: "Everyone would want that!"
Something grabbed me and pulled me down

Last scream, swan tune...


Last scream, swan tune...


(Life is brutal)

Except for this, everything is perfect.
Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment